Hi Simon,
--- On Thu, 20/1/11, Simon Lockhart <[email protected]> wrote: ---snip-- > When the Customer site switch is a 3560, I can "ping > 172.30.1.1" and > "ping vrf network2 172.40.1.1" without problem. > > When the Customer site switch is a 3550, I can "ping > 172.30.1.1" fine, but > trying to "ping vrf network2 172.40.1.1" results in no > replies. > > On the 3550, the MAC address-table gets populated fine, > occasionally I see > an ARP entry for 172.40.1.1, but can't ping. > > Any suggestions on what's going wrong? > On a 3550 you may need a static arp for the ping to work, eg: arp vrf network2 172.40.1.1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx ARPA If you debug arp you might see if this is the case. I think the switch has a problem that it sees the ARP request it sent out come back in on a different port. > Is there a better way to acheieve what I'm trying to do? > I'm not sure if you can achieve what you're wanting to on a 3550. We've always had to use 2x 3550 to break out a QinQ service (with crossover cable/s between them), instead of using one and looping it back onto itself. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
