This is first time I have to implement Q-in-Q to transport some groups internal 
VLANS through our core 6500s at L2.

I know how to enable the tunnels but I am not confident on the L2 MTU size.   
Since the packets will be increased by 4 bytes then I would assume I need the 
MTU increased by 4 on all switch ports that transport the tunnel in order to 
pass a frame that is 1500 without dropping it.  Since I am not routing these 
packets then the IP MTU doesn't come into play for fragmentation.

If I change the port MTU to 1504 will it change the IP MTU globally and if so 
does that mean I have to reset the switch for it all to take effect?



Thanks for any help.

Even more confused than yesterday!



Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to