Just deployed my second 7606S with a RSP720-3cxl. Practically mirrored
the configuration, running 15.0(1)S2.  Immediately when bringing up
the iBGP and OSPF session on it, I noticed CPU processed packets are
much much higher than the first 7606S.  In the "sho ibc" I notice
IPSEC packets are getting dropped and "Total short paks sent in route
cache" are increasing exponentially (see output below).  I dont see
either of these values moving on the first 7606S.

If I route my traffic so it transits the "working" 7606S and then
crosses the iBGP peer, I still see the same values increase.

Anybody have any clues of what I can look for?  Is it a bad RSP720 or
WS-X6724-SFP+PFC3CXL blade perhaps? I've tried 15.0(1)S2, 12.2(33)SRD6
and 12.2(33)SRC6 with the same results (SRC6 doesnt have a "IPSEC
pckts dropped" line on "sho ibc" output).

#sho ibc
Interface information:
        Interface IBC0/0(idb 0x17DFF1A4)
        5 minute rx rate 7576000 bits/sec, 2992 packets/sec
        5 minute tx rate 16000000 bits/sec, 5815 packets/sec
        2354146 packets input, 729042884 bytes
        2349797 broadcasts received
        2206321 packets output, 717175382 bytes
        2248 broadcasts sent
        0 Bridge Packet loopback drops
        2324151 Packets CEF Switched, 0 Packets Fast Switched
        0 Packets SLB Switched, 0 Packets CWAN Switched
        Label switched pkts dropped: 0    Pkts dropped during dma: 0
        Invalid pkts dropped: 0    Pkts dropped(not cwan consumed): 0
        IPSEC pkts dropped: 5919
        Xconnect pkts processed: 0, dropped: 0
        Xconnect pkt reflection drops: 0
        Total paks copied for process level 0
        Total short paks sent in route cache 721487
        Total throttle drops 0    Input queue drops 0
        total spd packets classified (23767 low, 57 medium, 17 high)
        total spd packets dropped (0 low, 0 medium, 0 high)
        spd prio pkts allowed in due to selective throttling (0 med, 0 high)
        IBC resets   = 1; last at 03:01:51.431 MST Tue Jan 25 2011

Thanks,

-c
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to