Hi,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 02:52:42PM -0500, Jay Nakamura wrote:
> I am in the process of implementing IPv6 so I enabled IPv6 on the
> router on that one VRF and BGP.  Now just enabling it consumed 260MB
> of RAM

How exactly did you "enable IPv6"?

I have no box with 15.0 + BGP + IPv6 right now, so I can't check - but
for older IOSes, IPv6 has fairly small impact on memory consumption.

Cisco>sh bgp ipv6 su
4374 network entries using 581742 bytes of memory
38490 path entries using 2771280 bytes of memory
...

Cisco>sh proc mem sort
Total: 39237408, Used: 22215864, Free: 17021544
 PID TTY  Allocated      Freed    Holding    Getbufs    Retbufs Process
  91   0   51770188    7991604   10075460          0          0 BGP Router      

Cisco>sh mem
                Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)  Largest(b)
Processor   61A948E0    39237408    22217656    17019752    15261448    16350452


this is a 4700M with a 12.3-ish IOS, having 6 full IPv6 BGP peers and
a number of partial IPv6 BGP peers.  64Mb RAM, 17Mb free.

No IPv4 BGP and no VRFs, though.

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpbQzaeGmFGG.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to