Hi,

On 2 February 2011 23:24, Marc Keilwerth <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cisco docs state that an ESP5 in a ASR1002 has a limit of 12000 broadband 
> sessions and an
> ESP10 has a limit of 24000 sessions.
>
> When I use the box as a L2TP tunnel switch, do I have to count each session 
> twice?
> I mean when I have 2000 sessions coming in via L2TP which are directly 
> forwarded
> via L2TP to another box, do I have 2000 or 4000 total sessions ?

Can't speak of the ASR1k in this particular scenario, but for the old
good 72xx series that was the case - i.e. L2TP switching was chewing
up the resource at twice number of sessions.
Check the output of show vpdn session - if session exist there twice
its quite likely they'll consume the extra resource. I suspect that
will be the case for the ASR1k as well, as L2TP is quite resource
intensive (whether the device is a LAC or LNS).

kind regards
Pshem
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to