Anyone ever seen something like this on the 6509 (sup720-3bxl)?
We have a customer advertising a /24 to the 6509. The /24 is a subnet of a shorter network they use elsewhere on the internet. It's been working fine for quite a while. The bgp session flaps due to the customer router rebooting. When the session comes back up, the 6509 receives the route. sh ip ro <IP> and sh ip bgp <IP> both show exactly what you'd expect. But the 6509 isn't actually using the route. sh ip cef <IP> shows the entry for the shorter network out on the internet (not the /24 you'd expect).
Clearing the bgp session from either end doesn't help. I finally resolved the issue by installing a static route for the /24 on the 6509 pointed at the BGP peer IP. That fixed the show ip cef. Then I went back into the config and removed the static route. Problem is still resolved.
I used to see vaguely similar things on the 7500 platform...but in that case, the fix was to flip dcef off/on. I suppose in this case, we're probably long overdue for a reboot/software upgrade. Still running 12.2(18)SXD7b. I'll probably go to one of the 122-33.SXI versions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are Atlantic Net | _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
