Hi NSP, I'm trying to build a test lab for IOS XR, and I'm having trouble figuring out what is the minimum platform and modules I need on a GSR to run the VPLS feature. The Cisco Feature Navigator is no help, since it just tells me that I need PRP to run the XR code that has VPLS, but it doesn't go into specifics on hardware. Can anyone point me in the right direction of some hardware documentation, or tell me from experience what specifically I need to build this? Since I'm putting this together myself the key issue is the cost.
Here's what I've come up with so far, please correct me if I'm wrong: GSR 12008 Chassis PRP-1 One of these: 4GE-SFP-LC - Cisco XR 12000 and 12000 Series 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet ISE Line Card One of these three: 4OC3X/POS-LR-LC-B(=) - 4-port OC-3/STM-1 POS line card, LR optics (Engine 3) 4OC3X/POS-IR-LC-B(=) - 4-port OC-3/STM-1 POS line card, IR optics (Engine 3) 4OC3X/POS-MM-MJ-B(=) - 4-port OC-3/STM-1 POS line card, multimode optics (Engine 3) Can anyone confirm that IOS XR will run on PRP-1, and not just PRP-2? I'm assuming it won't run on the older GRPs. What is the difference in the chassis other than number of slots and the fabric? Since this is just for testing, I'm trying to find the cheapest chassis with the minimum AC power supply requirements. What does the CSC card do? Is this needed? >From what I've read, the GigE ISE card will be the CE facing interface that runs VPLS, and the PoS can be the core facing card that just does MPLS. Thanks in advance _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
