Does anyone know if the newer 3750X series has the same problems? On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Chris Evans <[email protected]>wrote:
> We don't use 3750 or smaller switches anymore due to this. 4948 is deemed > data center class so we started using it ffor that. Haven't had any issues > so far. > On Mar 7, 2011 11:11 PM, "Dan Letkeman" <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I've noticed a fair amount of output drops from traffic bursts on our > > 3560G's. This is happening with or without QOS on. > > > > So I have been looking a replacing these switches for this reason and > > others. From what I understand there is a problem with the shared > > memory buffer space, when there are traffic bursts/micro bursts. > > Would a 4948 be a big improvement when it comes to output drops vs a > > 3560? > > > > Has anyone else replaced there 3560/3750 with a 4948 and seen the > > output drops go away? > > > > I see the 4948E's have much more shared buffer memory, but those are > > out of our price range. > > > > Thanks, > > Dan. > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
