All,
I'm having a hard time getting a non-disruptive upgrade to happen on
my Nexus 5010s and 5020s. I'd really like to have non-disruptive, as we've
got SAN attached Windows servers which tend to blue screen if they're unable
to reach their iSCSI disks across the Nexus devices for more than a couple
seconds. The topology has a pair of 5020s peered together, with a
downstream 5010 pair peered together. The NetApp SAN is a VPC off the
5020s, and the servers are multiple VPCs (one for each enclosure) off the
5010s. There are no redundant links, all VPCs. All ports on the 5010s and
5020s are designated forwarding. The connections into the SAN and servers
are trunks, thus not really able to fall into the 'edge' category needed for
a non-disruptive ISSU. It seems a trunk can't be an edge port, even if it
should be. Since I've got no redundant links, should I consider disabling
spanning tree all together until the upgrade is complete? I've got
redundancy into all chassis, so the loss of one switch doing a 'disruptive'
upgrade is ok, but my concern is the peer switch will drop the VPCs as well
(like when you've got temporarily-mismatching things like QoS, etc). Any
other way to consider?Thanks, Chuck Church Network Planning Engineer, CCIE #8776 Southcom Harris IT Services 1210 N. Parker Rd. Greenville, SC 29609 Office: 864-335-9473 Cell: 864-266-3978 E-mail: [email protected] Southcom E-mail: [email protected]
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
