On 04/24/2011 08:25 PM, Anton Kapela wrote:
2011/4/19 Jon Harald Bøvre<j...@bovre.no>:
Done similar to this with SXF (for FTTH rollout):

[snip]

this modem works quite well for hosting, FTTx/wan-edge, etc. I make
substantial use of it, too, in similar (hosting, etc) situations too.

It certainly is a promising idea for my use-case.

To be honest though, I'm a little surprised it works on hardware-based platforms. I assume that it's basically driven by the adjacency table, i.e. it's equivalent to doing:

ip route x.x.x.x VlanYYY

...when IP x.x.x.x is learned via ARP on un-numbered vlan YYY.

Thanks for the pointers all!

Have *not* tried with IPv6, so cannot comment re: outcomes there.

I'll have to test this, but I'm assuming since they're separate SVIs, you could run un-numbered from the shared IPv4 range, but give each SVI its own IPv6.