Here's my setup: Test PC1 -----7609----Test PC2
The 7609 is running a variant of 12.2(33)SR. And the line card I am trying to do this on is a WS-X6724-SFP. There are actually other routers in the setup, but for the sake of simplicity, we only need to loop at the above topology. The task: Rewrite DSCP on packets received from Test PC2 from CS3 (Class Selector 3) to CS2 (Class Selector 2). Here is the configuration I'm using: ! First create a class map to identify packets of interest class-map match-all Priority match ip dscp cs2 cs3 cs4 ! ! Now define service policy that will do the re-writing policy-map Priority-Rewrite class Priority set dscp cs2 ! ! Now I apply this to an interface (inbound) interface GigabitEthernet1/1 description Aggregation Port no ip address speed nonegotiate mls qos trust dscp ! interface GigabitEthernet1/1.25 description Test PC 2 encapsulation dot1Q 25 ip address 10.154.0.2 255.255.255.252 service-policy input Priority-Rewrite ! When I send traffic marked with CS3 (0x60) through the router from Test PC2, I noticed that the value is preserved all the way to Test PC1. What really has me scratching my head is that when I reverse the logic and set the service-policy as outbound, traffic from Test PC1 marked with 0x60 is properly remarked to 0x40. I'm hoping that I am just doing this wrong, and that it is possible to re-write the DSCP tag on inbound. I've tried using dscp-mutation, but that does not seem to work for inbound traffic either. Thanks, Brad _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
