On 31/05/11 13:21, Tom wrote:

I personally have a rootserver from a popular french hoster. They recently 
implemented some protections for their network.

- Limiting all incoming udp traffic to 50mbit/s per destination ip (server)
- Limiting all outgoing traffic (icmp+syn 32kb/s, udp 100mbit/s

As far as I know, they are using cisco routers

The rate-limiting might happen on another device e.g. something dedicated to traffic management. It might not be done on the routers.

Or, if your server is a virtual server, they might do the ratelimiting on the VM host.


Is this type of policing implemented by qos?

Perhaps. Per-IP rate-limiting is possible on some platforms.

There must be counters for millions and millions of source / dest IPs in 
Hardware. Where is the capacity limited?

It depends on which platforms.

For example I believe the high-end ASR9k linecards have 100k+ policers.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to