On 6/2/2011 3:09 PM, Jeff Bacon wrote:
Hi folks -

So, in an attempt to address some fun issues with NAT I'm having with my
6500s, I'm considering resorting to the use of an FWSM as a fancy
specialized NAT device - call it a complicated hairpin, if you will (one
VRF is on one side of the FWSM, one is on the other, the VRFs
communicate with each other via VLANs set to pass through the FWSM,
which is in transparent mode).

I'm not seeing the NAT or fancy hairpinning in your config below.

This doesn't seem like it would be such a terribly difficult project,
but...

I'm seeing round-trip latencies of approx 250us pushing data through the

250 us?  I assume you mean ms.

FWSM, and a relatively ridiculously high rate of packet loss. This is
just with having the firewall in transparent mode, two hosts on one vlan
and two hosts on another VLAN bridged via the FWSM, with all inspection
turned off.

Are these cards _really_ that bad? Or am I missing something really dumb
and obvious here?

Generally no, they aren't that bad. But it's hard to say what's going on with the data you presented so far.

tv
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to