Some more details below, sorry for the noise.

Work around is periodic reloads and eliminating down/shutdown bgp sessions.
I am sure there are other bugs but not sure what all of them are.

So I guess I am more likely hitting one of those other bugs :-(

I did some digging and found, that "show mem dead" is awfully long. Feels like millions of lines (could be ten thousands of lines, too). Most of them refer to a process that I can not find anything about:

07406718 0000000040 074066C8 0740676C 001 -------- -------- 001FF434 acct periodic timer

"acct periodic timer" - doh! Anyone with an idea what that is?

Here is the top output of "sh mem dead total":

  Dead Proc Summary for: Processor

      PC          Total  Name
  0x001FF434    1078452  acct periodic timer
  0x0078EF44        114  Virtual Exec
  0x0078EED8        114  Virtual Exec
  0x0078EEC0        114  Virtual Exec
  0x006D0AD8         79  TCP CB

Looks like "acct periodic timer" is indeed forgetting to tidy up it's
room lots of times. Any help is appreciated.

Thank
Sascha

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to