Hi

Are there any caveats to leveraging an outbound route-map for prefix
filtering (on top of adding policy) to external peers, vs using a prefix
filter as well as the route-map? The main objective here is to keep an
additional (large) prefix list out of the config. 

 

I have to specify prefix lists for each group of prefixes in a
multi-sequence route map to differentiate policies for different groups
of prefixes for a particular upstream:

 

route-map Upstream1-OUTPOLICY permit 30

match ip address prefix-list region1-prefixes

set community xxxxx:xxx

!

route-map Upstream1-OUTPOLICY permit 40

match ip address prefix-list region-2-prefixes

set as-path prepend xxxxx xxxxx

!

route-map Upstream1-OUTPOLICY permit 50

match ip address prefix-list region-3-prefixes

 

Instead of having another large prefix list that includes
'region1-prefixes', 'region-2-prefixes', and 'region-3-prefixes', and
apply it to the neighbor as an out prefix list, I want to use the seq 50
to simply match the last prefix list to allow through. This seems to
work well in the lab, but wanted to know if there was something that I
may have missed? I typically have aggregates and specifics in BGP and
typically filter out specifics (and RFC1918) outbound to external peers.
The main objective is to keep the large prefix list out of the
config(s).

 

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Eric

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to