There is a pretty good summary here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094646.shtml
Of particular note (to me at least) is the limit on the number of Etherchannels within a stack. I've been trying to standardize on always doing LACP to every single server, and I've looked into the idea of doing dual 2960 or 3750 with all downstream servers (~48 or so) having 2x1gig LACP bundles. However, the 2970 can only do 12. I recall seeing before that the 3750 had a low limit, but I see now on that page that it says it will do 48 with 12.2 or higher. That might actually work out for what I want. However, at this point I'm mostly headed down the road of using Nexus for handling this anyway. With the Nexus 5548/5596, you can do 24 fabric extenders of 48 ports (1152 ports) and then do every one of them as a port-channel. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
