Could be interesting.  I've rarely seen firewall as a service done right
though.  It's hard to keep, cpu, memory usage, DDOS attacks,
misconfiguration, etc. of one customers from affecting the other customers
that share hardware.  That being said there are better platforms to run the
firewall instances on that are available now, checkpoint VSX comes to mind.

2011/7/6 Derick Winkworth <[email protected]>

> Thoughts on this blog entry?
> I wonder if Cisco will support BGP on ASA soon.. I know people have been
> asking for it.  It would be nice if it had something Netconf on it too...
> The new ASA blade is coming out for Nexus I hear, anyone know how many
> virtual-firewalls it will support?  Juniper's SRX will do LSYS soon.. 32 per
> box.  That seems like a low number. Fortinet does thousands of thier VDOMs
> (virtual-firewalls) on a single unit...
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to