Hello my friends, I had some problems on an optical fibre between two 6509 switches and UDLD kicked in to avoid STP loops, but when the switch tried to recover from the error-disable state, the link went up, even with optical fibre problems. This misbehaviour caused a major outage in the network. I couldn't find any known bug for the current IOS version 12.2(33)SXI3. I worked around the issue keeping the interface in a shutdown state until I resolved the cabling issue. Can someone shed some light on the solution?
09:20:24.737: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to down 09:20:24.757: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to down 09:20:24.994: %PM-SW2_SPSTBY-4-ERR_DISABLE: udld error detected on Te2/4/10, putting Te2/4/10 in err-disable state 09:20:24.710: %UDLD-SW1_SP-4-UDLD_PORT_DISABLED: UDLD disabled interface Te2/4/10, aggressive mode failure detected 09:20:24.710: %PM-SW1_SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: udld error detected on Te2/4/10, putting Te2/4/10 in err-disable state 09:20:25.203: %LINEPROTO-SW1_SP-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to down 09:20:25.203: %LINK-SW1_SP-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to down 09:20:55.004: %PM-SW1_SP-4-ERR_RECOVER: Attempting to recover from udld err-disable state on Te2/4/10 09:20:55.119: %PM-SW2_SPSTBY-4-ERR_RECOVER: Attempting to recover from udld err-disable state on Te2/4/10 09:20:56.362: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to up 09:20:56.333: %LINK-SW1_SP-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/4/10, changed state to up I will really appreciate any input. Cheers. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
