Why's it important you maintain a cluster? You're absolutely correct, 3750's are weak ToR switches. I would go with the 5500 if you find yourself looking toward a wider nexus deployment in the next 18-36 months.
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Holemans Wim <[email protected]> wrote: > We have a network based on a VSS with 20G channels to 3750E-24 clusters > top-of-rack. > We are seeing a lot of discards on the cluster which connects to our > NetApp SANs. I suspect this is because of the small buffers in the 3750E > switches and the growth of our traffic to the SAN, especially ISCI traffic. > I'm considering replacing this cluster with something else, but I'm not > sure what to put there. I read that 4900M have larger buffer and this would > offer the needed mix of 1G en 10G ports but you can't cluster these > switches and seen the importance of the connected devices, this is not > really an option. > Buffering on nexus 55xx seems also better and there you have the vPc > possibility. Do you consider this the way to go or has anyone else a > suggestion for a (clustered) device to replace this 3750E cluster ? > > Wim Holemans > Netwerkdienst Universiteit Antwerpen > Network Services University of Antwerp > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
