That is called an Instance in SNMP terms. The instance could be seen as an index which serves to link different variables/tables in different MIBs. In your case polling OIDs in ENTITY-MIB with index 1003 (that is OID.Instance) should return all kind of information about PS in question like name, serial number and electrical parameters of PS.
You might want to look at the following pages: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080204461.shtml http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094aa0.shtml On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Mike <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I've googled and have not gotten a good answer so please excuse me if > I missed something obvious. > > I want to poll my cisco switches with snmp and verify they are on AC > power and, if possible, verify that they also have the RPS connected and > that it's reporting good status as well. I have looked over also the > cisco-envmon-mib and it's not clear to me what variable(s) I should look at > or which values would indicate 'good' and so forth. I *think* I want to be > looking at: > > > "ciscoEnvMonSupplyState" "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.3" > "ciscoEnvMonSupplySource" "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.4" > > But on my switches, these aren't complete oid's. I need to add '.1003' to > the end to get the value. And on another model of switch, I don't. So it > seems inconsistient at best. I just want my monitoring system to throw > alerts if it's ever observed that any switch is on RPS. > > Can anyone give me the oid's to look for and the values I should see? > > Thanks. > > Mike- > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
