I wanted to use the software supervisor redundancy one some ASR1002's I 
deployed recently, but couldn't due to the use of PKI certificate 
authentication for IPsec. probably a good thing I couldn't do it now...

Cheers,

Andrew Jones
Alphawest

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Tinka
Sent: Sunday, 21 August 2011 3:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR opinions..

On Sunday, August 21, 2011 08:28:22 AM John Elliot wrote:

> Hi, Looking at the 1002's

We like the ASR1002's, but while we haven't used them in a broadband 
aggregation role, we find the RP1 very slow, particularly when saving 
configurations and such. But then again, the ASR1002's RP is a fixed unit 
inside the chassis and can't be upgraded.

I'd also suggest not enabling the software redundancy for IOS. This essentially 
uses up all available memory and will eventually cause the router to crash and 
reboot. Since we buy the ASR1002's and operate them in physically redundant 
chassis' doing the same thing, we can do without the software redundancy. I 
expect the ASR1004's to have the same problem, which is why we never buy them 
and either go for the ASR1002 or ASR1006 or higher. The ASR1006 and above will 
offer hardware-based control plane redundancy.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to