Alright. I will import these client vrfs in the NMS vrf. But not with the 
client-to-client VRFs...i think this is safe? am i right?

--- On Sat, 9/3/11, Keegan Holley <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Keegan Holley <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ReUSE AS number per VRF
To: "ar" <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 10:52 PM

It really depends on your network.  It's not inherently dangerous though. I've 
even seen it done intentionally with the AS path looping used to prevent 
certain customers from accidentally talking to each other.  That of course is 
the caveat.  If you ever have to import
 routes from one VRF into the other you'll have to remove the reused AS.  It 
could become cumbersome if there isn't a record of what AS's are used in what 
VRF's.



2011/9/3 ar <[email protected]>


Hi.



I tested re-using as numbers in different VRFs. And it is working.....



Is this practically safe? I am deploying VPN solution to customers...one vrf, 
one client...PE-to-CE will be BGP for policy control..I will reuse BGP AS 
numbers to different VRFs later on.....





Comments pls....

_______________________________________________

cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]

https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp

archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/





_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to