-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Jay Nakamura wrote:
> I have been wondering lately, what advantages do ASA have over ISR as
> a firewall on the low end?  As just one stand alone firewall, what
> features are there for ASA that distinguishes itself?  Often, I rather
> have an ISR over an ASA so I have more flexibility in a budget
> environment.
> 
> ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 is about the same price range as CISCO1921-SEC/K9 I
> believe.  Which would you choose?
> 
> What am I missing that I should be using ASA instead of ISR?

Among others:

- - Stateful redundancy
- - Basic and complex URL filtering
- - WebAuth
- - Threat Detection
- - Various UC functions
- - Anti-spoofing
- - ActiveX/Java/HTTP/HTTPS/FTP Filtering

=========
bep

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAk5pqlEACgkQE1XcgMgrtyZ9RgCeJwHyUBoRn2urt6V/40gaNVWn
610AoNucnP56VYtjCcqGVt+00xaIfMLF
=CtyM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to