Hi, I'm trying to establish 40 Gbps redundant cirle using a pair of 6500 and 7600 boxes equipped with X6708 cards as shown below -> _________ _________ | | Te1/2 ------| |/// | core | Te1/1 ------| edge-2 |// | 7600-1 | Te1/5 -Po1--| |/ |_____ __| Te1/6 ------|________| 3 4 7 8 | | | | | Po3 | | | | | | | | | __2_1_5_6__ _________ | | Te2/3 ------| | | core | Te2/4 ------| edge-1 |\ | 6500-1 | Te2/7 -Po1--| |\\ |_________| Te2/8 ------|________|\\\
There is one WS-X6708 in each core box which should be dedicated to this 'circle'. (Besides it there are of course other 670x for custs). I believe I have quite good knowledge of 6708 DFC architecture and it's limitations (16 Gbps for pairs of ports, 20 Gbps for each two pairs). Primary box is 6500-1 (several hunderd Vlans and SVI's) and under standard circumstances Po1 is the only path utilized, but even if I freak out, I am not able to push more than aproximately 25 Gbps from 6500 over Po3 to edge-2. My initial guess was bad port assignment and therefore not utilized local switching.. The pairs which can utilize the local-switching (so 16*4..64 Gbps) should be following 2-3, 1-4, 5-7, 6-8 The major problem which I can not beat (and maybe it's a dead end for me) is the system how IOS decides which ports will be assigned to 0-7 ID's used in etherchannel load balancing algorithm. As I observed, it absolutely depends on a sequence of adding/removing ports from/to an etherchannel. Let's say I have created 40Gbps Po3 on 6500 and IOS made following divison -> Te2/2 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x0, 0x5 Te2/1 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x3, 0x7 Te2/5 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x6, 0x2 Te2/5 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x4, 0x1 ! BUT ! Po1 on 7600-1 has absolutely different traffic pattern computed! Te1/2 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x7, 0x2 Te1/1 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x6, 0x1 Te1/5 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x3, 0x4 Te1/5 would be used for traffic with RBH 0x0, 0x5 And everytime I shut/unshut some bundled port, this changes :-). As soon as I don't have the same values on both boxes, local switching is not used.. I hope I expressed the least bit comprehensibly.. Any thoughts are really appreciated! Regards, Jiri Prochazka _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
