AFAIK this was only on CatOS for 6500 so not much useful right now.

The private host feature  applies vlan tag to the ingress traffic of the
access port (not trunk), the private trunk does ingress traffic tag swap of
multiple vlans coming in via trunk. So, if you have lot of free ports you
might be able to cable-loop 2 ports per each vlan and use private host
feature to swap the tags. Not saying I would do this....

-pavel

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Persio Pucci <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody confirm if PVLAN Promiscuous Trunk Port is supported on
> the 6500 platform? I know it is supported on the 4500, and that it is
> NOT supported on the 3750, but I had the impression it was supported
> on the 6500, but it does not accept the command "switchport mode
> private-vlan trunk promiscuous".
>
> Also, if it does not support, would I be able to use Private Host instead?
>
> Regards,
>
> Persio
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to