Show log:

If you are trying to get the current day logs you can use "sh log | inc Sep  9" 
(notice the two spaces since there is no zero and day is two digits)

Ssh timeouts:

The command you are looking for is "exec-timeout" this has to be applied to the 
individual vty lines.

Osfp ipv6:

Yes they replaced "router ospfv3" with "ipv6 router ospf"

OSPF metric:

Example 1:

Show ipv6 route | inc ^O
O   2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/64 [110/49]

The admin distance is 110 and metric is 49

Example 2:

sh ipv6 route  2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/64
Routing entry for 2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/64
  Known via "ospf xxxx", distance 110, metric 49, type intra area

Same admin distance and metric

Unless there are changes in those code revisions that effect the "show ipv6 
route" they should be the same.

Mack

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of "Rolf Hanßen"
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 3:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Basic IOS questions

Hi,

I have some questions that came up while working with Cisco 7600/6500
boxes first weeks.
Maybe you guys have some hints for me.

order of sh log:
Is there a way to show the latest entries first instead of scrolling down
to the end ?

ssh timeouts:
I would like to disable the console timeout for ssh sessions. I.e. the
sessions should only be closed if the ssh tcp-connection has a timeout.
I tried a few commands that sounded like timeout but none worked.

OSPF IPv6 documentation:
several documentation tells me to use "router ospfv3" to setup OSPF for
IPv6 but it is not available in the cli.
I could setup OSPF with "ipv6 router ospf" at least similar to the v4
version. Did that replace "router ospfv3" or why can I not enter it ?

OSPFv6 costs:
How can I see the costs of an OSPF v6 route ?
"sh ip route" shows an entry "forward metric" but "sh ipv6 route" shows
nothing similar.

Software used:
6500: 12.2(33)SXJ
7600: 15.1(2)S

kind regards
Rolf Hanßen




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to