Hi Folks,

I'm seeing a strange issue with multiple PA-POS-2OC3 cards where once the card has been configured for APS, the port that had been the APS protect will no longer show loopbacks they way I'd expect. Looping the working side internally (loopback internal or simply looping fiber back to the local interface) under the interface config allows testing like I'd expect - the interface shows up/up (looped) and I can ping the local IP. The protect side does not respond in the same way - it remains up/down. The only indication that there's a loop present is that the POS controller PTB info reflects the local interface rather than the interface on the APS remote host. The interface remains up/down. Even after clearing all APS config with either "no" or "default" the same condition remains. I'm seeing this in multiple chassis (NPE400 and G2) and multiple versions of IOS. If the card is reseated after the APS config is torn out, an internal loopback will result in an up/up on the interface, but no indication of (looped).

Is there a way to reset the protect interface to a pre-APS state that will allow loopbacks to show? This makes remotely troubleshooting bad fiber/bad SFP/bad loop issues very difficult in cases where we're seeing *RDI or *AIS back from the provider.

Thanks,

Tim
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to