Hi,

I have rather strange best path selection. We have 3 uplinks, AS_PATH to one of prefix is same for all 3 prefixes, so my assumption it will use oldest one, because everything else is same. Except one thing I notice one of uplinks send us metric, while two others does not.

Here is example, first one is oldest, second is youngest, but it still choices last one. While should choice first, because everything else is same.

  39792 9002 25532
      Origin IGP, metric 400, localpref 100, valid, external
      Community: 39792:3000 39792:3004
  41095 9002 25532
      Origin IGP, localpref 100, valid, external
      Community: 41095:2000 41095:2001 41095:2100 41095:2101
  30733 9002 25532
      Origin IGP, localpref 100, valid, external, best
      Community: 9002:0 9002:64667 30733:6022

I start to believe it using metric anyway, while I don't use that option. What I missing here?
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to