On Oct 11, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Keegan Holley wrote:

> 2011/10/11 Devon True <[email protected]>
> 
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>> 
>> On 10/11/2011 1:41 PM, Keegan Holley wrote:
>>> BGP timers are negotiated to the lowest value so even if your
>>> carrier doesn't like it they won't be able to stop you.  This will
>>> also save you the trouble of opening a ticket or requesting that
>>> this be done.
>> 
>> Unless the carrier specified a minimum hold time allowed.
>> 
>> router(config-router)#timers bgp 10 10 ?
>> <0-65535>  Minimum hold time from neighbor
>> <cr>
>> 
>> 
> Interesting.  I would assume there would be a command for this. I've never
> had 10/30 not work in practice though so I suppose the limit is this or
> lower.

The minimum neighbor hold time is optional. If specified it has to be less than 
or equal to the interval specified for the "holdtime" argument (default for 
that is 180 seconds).

-jav




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to