Hello group,

I have a customer that was using a Web Proxy to monitor user access to the
internet. Now the customer is asking me if the ASA can help him monitor the
users access to the internet because the proxy is not working. He wants to
know which users are accessing which sites. The only feature I was able to
find that could help the client is Network Access Accounting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/asdm64/configuration_guid
e/access_fwaaa.html#wp1151104

I made a test in my lab and basically the ASA sends information about the
source-ip:source-port->destination-ip:destination-port to the aaa server.
This should be enough but it is not very practical. The customer wants some
nice real time graphics showing him what users are doing. Do we have any
solution without replacing the ASA with something else ? Is this just me or
the reporting capabilities of the ASA are very basic ?


Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
[email protected]
http://www.ccie18473.net




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to