We are seeing a similar problem at Harding. We use Smartfilter instead of Websense and I use ASA5520s. It does appear to happen at random times for us, and it appears to be somewhat load related. I would like to hear any information you have on a solution to the issue if you find one.
John L. Exum Network Manager Harding University On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Rick Ernst <[email protected]> wrote: > We are running into "slow web sites" and random/incorrect 403's on a > 5550 as an internet gateway doing NAT for an enterprise with upwards > of 40,000 users. > > CPU is hitting 80-90% with url-filter enabled vs 30-35% without. I'm > trying to point to a platform/performance limitation, but I can't find > anything specifically for url-filtering capacity on the ASA platform. > > We've maxed at url-block/url-memblock and tried increasing the number > of concurrent connection from 8 to 50 (and back down to 25). The more > connections we enable seems to help, but we are still seeing sluggish > performance with url-filtering (to Websense on a local interface) > enabled. > > Any pointers to actual "useful capacity" on a 5550? > > Thanks, > Rick > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
