On 13.12.2011 12:01, Daniel Hooper wrote:
> Just on the topic of rancid and Cisco, I've seen a couple of
> alternative methods posted around the place recently of different ways
> to keep a device config backed up and was just curious as to whether
> people are using these instead of rancid?

I usually use a self-programmed script that uses SNMP to initiate
copying of the config to a tftp server, then versioning that file into
RCS. Anyway, I couldn't get that to work with either the old-style MIB,
nor the Cisco-Copy-Config-Mib, so I resorted to using rsh to initiate
copying of the config to the server, then using the existing logic of
the script to archive it ... was pretty easy to set up, just had to add
the key for the SSH connection to the Nexus ...

-garry
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to