I have always avoided .0 and .255 as well, however a few months back I noticed that Amazon ec2 is assigning .0 addresses to servers. My own "personal VPS" has a .0 public elastic/static IP and seems to work fine. I figure that if they're using .0 at their large scale, surely it can't be too bad. I have since begun using .0 again within my network and haven't run into an issue yet. I don't know that I've specifically used it as a loopback on a router though. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
- [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 responds to ICMP... Eric Rosenberry
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 respond... Ian Henderson
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 respond... Joe Provo
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 res... Matt Buford
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500... Alan Buxey
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - ... Jared Mauch
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 respond... Jay Hennigan
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500 res... Eric Rosenberry
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - 6500... Mikael Abrahamsson
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .255 - ... Mohamed Touré
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set to .2... Mikael Abrahamsson
- Re: [c-nsp] Loopback IP set t... Jon Lewis
