Greetings all,

I am currently investigating the ASR9K as replacement Ethernet aggregation 
hardware.  Does anyone have a good link that contrasts the QOS capabilities of 
the different line cards (Low, Medium, High)?  I've been reading the Config 
Guide on ASR9K QOS, but so far I haven't seen reference to particular cards.  
Is the low-queue card (8 queues per port) positioned to replace LAN cards, or 
can you accomplish more sophisticated H-QOS polices on them?

For example, if I have 20 different classes each matching a different 
destination MAC.  I build a policy referencing each class and set a distinct 
shape or police policy for the class, then nest a child policy within the 
shaped rate to guarantee 15% priority for EF, 15% bandwidth for AF41, and 10% 
bandwidth for CS3.  Does this require a medium-queue card to accomplish?

Thanks for any pointers!

Cory


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to