Looking to add two 8.1A@42V line cards into a 7600 and I just want to make sure 
I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot.

These 8.1A@42V line cards will each consume about 340W.  I have much more power 
than that available in the system and a total of about 2500W of power being 
consumed in this chassis already.  The additional line cards will drive the 
load up to about 3190W.  I've read the 7600 hardware support guide and I don't 
see anything that says identifies the thermal limit or if the MOD-FAN-09s can 
run in combined mode, akin to combined power mode, so I'm wondering if anyone 
knows what the thermal limits of those fan trays are.

Near as I can tell, among other differences that are out of scope to this 
query, the 7609-S supports 750W/slot, presumably due to the high speed fan 
trays.  That said, technically if I was to brush up onto a thermal limit with 
my forecasted power draw, adding a couple of MOD-FAN-9SHS modules into a 7609 
will work just fine?

Thanks in advance.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to