On 02/02/2012 17:25, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I have some third party XFPs that don't appear to support DOM in IOS but
> they support it in XR.  Is this a known phenomenon or am I missing
> something?  Unsupported in older IOS, perhaps?

It's line-card model, line card hardware revision and IOS version dependent
- i.e. a complete mess.  Some line cards support reading DOM; some don't.
Actually, as you're using XFPs, that means ES/ES+ or SIP cards.  If you're
using SIP cards, the command syntax is different: you will need to use:

(Router)# show hw-module subslot X/Y transceiver Z status

... for suitable values of X, Y and Z.

I don't know if Cisco have hobbled DOM for third party XFPs on these line
cards, but wouldn't be surprised if they had done so - they appear to like
punishing customers who do this.  The solution is to get recodable optics
from reputable vendors rather than pay the extortionate prices that most
networking kit vendors (not just Cisco) like to charge.

Nick
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to