If may be the result of the SMTP/ESMTP inspection of the ASA, I'd probably try removing that and seeing what response you get. I would also look at DNS resolution of your mail server, as at least with Sendmail, if DNS (forward/reverse) gets wonky, it can really slow things down..
--- Howard Leadmon > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Ghassan.khalil > Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:59 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] ASA/mail > > I have an imap Server behind an ASA firewall > When I telnet from a server on the inside network to the private IP of the > IMAP server I get correct response with mail server text message. > > But when I do the same from a public IP to the Public IP of the same server, I > get different response as the page shows black with no text. > > The IT team are sure that their mail server is configured properly. > I tried to turn off the inspection on the firewall but it did not solve the case. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
