IOS-XR has the ability to apply a policy to the redistribution command for both OSPF and BGP so you can filter out the routes you do not want redistributed.
Is there a reason you can't just configure BGP to advertise aggregates covering the OSPF routes as opposed to doing mutual redistribution? Phil On 2/9/12 7:43 PM, "Jason Lixfeld" <[email protected]> wrote: >If I redistribute OSPF routes into the MP-BGP/superbackbone from within a >particular VRF, those OSPF routes, which are now BGP routes, get >announced to any BGP speakers inside the same VRF. > >Conversely, if I redistribute BGP routes from the MP-BGP/superbackbone >into OSPF within a particular VRF, those BGP routes, which are now OSPF >routes get advertised to all OSPF routes inside the same VRF. > >Normally this would't be an issue, except in this particular case, the >VRF where the mutual redistribution is happening happens to hold a full >BGP table. > >Two issues here. 1) It's a bit silly to have an OSPF router see every >prefix in the Internet routing table as an OSPF route. 2) It's a bit >silly for BGP sessions inside the same VRF to see every single OSPF >prefix as a BGP route. > >I can wrap the redistribute ospf x with a route-map and set local-AS, >which will prevent eBGP speakers from receiving those OSPF routes. iBGP >speakers, however, will still receive those OSPF routes as BGP routes. >Setting no-advertise will likely break the superbackbone, so I don't >imagine I can use that as a solution. > >In the BGP into OSPF case, I'm drawing a blank on how to prevent the BGP >routes from clogging up the RIB on other OSPF routers. Again, any >particular BCP or nerd knob? > >I'm labbing this in IOS, but the redistribution, when moved to >production, will happen on XR devices. > >Thanks in advance for any ideas. >_______________________________________________ >cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
