On 16/02/2012, at 8:16 PM, Justin M. Streiner wrote:

> 5.5 Gb/s full duplex, which you could interpret as 11 Gb/s aggregate, but 
> that really wouldn't be correct.  The connectivity between the FWSM and the 
> backplane is essentially a 6-way gigabit ether channel.

The physical connection is 6x 1G links, but where does it say anything about 
5.5_FD_ throughput?
The only documentation I have found speaks about throughput, and doesn't 
mention anything else.


> FWSM data sheet:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2706/ps4452/product_data_sheet0900aecd803e69c3.html

This doesn't indicate FD or HD…


Another interesting read:

http://cisconetwork.org.ua/1587051893/ch04lev1sec1.html



> Truth be told, with the newer ASA service module being available, I wouldn't 
> be at all surprised to see Cisco announce the FWSM for end-of-sale in the 
> near future.  I haven't had the chance to put on 


Agreed - Today, I would buy the ASA module (or appliance for migration to Nexus 
7000).


Best Regards

Andrew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to