On Friday, February 17, 2012 05:12:22 PM Phil Mayers wrote:

> I used to buy into the "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
> model of upgrading IOS, but I'm not sure I do any more -
> frequently, IOS bugs will be announced that were fixed a
> couple of releases ago, and parties who have remained
> current have nothing to do.

I think this depends on what the box is doing.

On a pure core box that's just doing MPLS and IS-IS, we've 
been many releases behind the current with minor workarounds 
to bugs if necessary.

Of course, in edge routers, particularly today's DHCP-based 
BRAS's, or the latest IPTv roll-outs, it likely pays to be 
running the very latest code, with care.

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to