Hi,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 03:08:05PM -0500, Chris Breger wrote:
> I need to extend a small number of VRFs between 2 DCs connected by Metro
> Ethernet terminating on 6500s.  Currently I am using a routed interface to
> route traffic between the sites with no VRF support.  I have no need extend
> Vlans across the DC only route traffic between the VRFs.  I am trying to
> determine the best option to add VRF support over this MetroE connection.
> I am considering adjusting the interface to use dot1q encapsulation and
> build sub-interface on the Ethernet interface which would be assigned to
> specific VRFs.  I have used this model within the DCs but I am not sure if
> it is the best method between remote locations.  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

dot1q with VRFs works just fine on a WAN link as locally.  The drawback
is that it doesn't really scale well to add every single VRF to every
single link in your network - so if you're adding VRFs regularily, or
the number of links is high, you might want to consider adding MPLS 
and run the VRFs as "regular L3 VPNs".

Good examples on CCO.

gert


-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpxAD54rHYXC.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to