On 6/03/2012 10:29 PM, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

Have you tested whether having a dedicated route-map for the
IPv6 session works around this problem?

Yes - it doesn't work around it. I have just replicated the route-map
exactly but removed the IPv4 specific match (seq 10) from the new copy
and it works as expected (ie correct community set as a default/fall
through even for IPv6 routes).

And...get this...if I add:

ipv6 prefix-list PERMIT-IPV6-ANY seq 10 permit ::/0 le 48

route-map IBGP-STATICS permit 5
match ipv6 address prefix-list PERMIT-IPV6-ANY
set origin igp
set community 38858:202

at the top of the route-map sequence (which should match first for IPv6
routes, right?), then IPv6 BGP routes seemingly do NOT match that
route-map even across session resets - as that (unique) community value
is never set.

So it looks to me very likely it's a matching problem in that the match
ip prefix list is matching IPv6 routes when it should be an IPv4 only
match and then, only a specific IPv4 match.

Correction.  I made a mistake in my testing there...

If I have:

ipv6 prefix-list PERMIT-IPV6-ANY seq 10 permit ::/0 le 64

Then yes the IPv6 specific route-map matches first and the correct community is set.

Reuben