...regardless of BU cooperation, I'm gonna try to accomplish cooperation between my 7609's and 9k's.. (you like that Gert) ;)
Background - For a few years I've ran all my isp subnets (dsl and ftth) off of dual 7609's running hsrp facing the customer subnets..a very much collapsed IP core design with Layer 2 all the way to the customers homes/businesses. Layer 2 is in the form of various switched rings.. Now - I have a newly built mpls cloud with a ring of asr9k's and spokes off of those 9k's are asr901's. initially this is being built to support cell backhaul but we are already looking at ways of using it for moving off the aforementioned network. I'll be making a 10 gig handoff connection from collocated asr9k to 7609 at each of those 2 core sites.this will enable any desired internetworking between my two aforementioned networks Out on the edge, I envision that if I make a connection to a FTTH OLT (ftth community shelf/chassis if you aren't familiar with it) or a DSLAM that now connects to a mpls cloud connected asr901 or direct to a 9k I could then LxVPN that traffic back into the 7609's. Back in the core, it would seem if I extend the mpls cloud into the 7609's I would be able to accomplish the vpls/pw logic end to end .from 9k or 901 at geo location of dslam/customer/etc into the 7609. I don't want the 7609 public ip routes comingled with the asr9k mpls cloud routes. I want that mpls/ospf 9k route table to stay untouched and only have the required mpls cloud routes to be in there (perhaps this isn't much different than typical mpls sp cloud designs) IF/When I extend that mpls cloud into the 7609's it would seem that the 7609 would then become a PE Question, should I isolate that mpls edge on the 7609's in a vrf ? The 7609's are and have always been non-mpls and non-vrf configured..pretty much just vanilla swich/router. So I guess the route table of my 7609's are considered to be the global route table..non-vrf route table..i believe known as default vrf routing table Now, If I do that (isolating mpls edge into a vrf on the 7609) will I be able to plumb/internetwork connectivity from the switching plane/vlans of the 7609 into the newly extended mpls/LxVPN logic of that 7609? Aaron _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
