On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM, chip <chip.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So just to follow up on some things:
>
> Log Messages:
>  RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Jun  4 19:20:35.234 : devc-conaux[57]:
> %MGBL-RS232-3-FRAMING_ERROR : The UART driver encountered an framing
> error for Console port
>
> Console Messages:
> Invalid number(-92) sent as ASCII value to command-line process from
> VTY/TTY, refreshing prompt.

I've seen that before when I was pasting in a configuration from a
text file. During editing, somehow the file ended up with invisible
characters that were included when I copied-and-pasted the config into
the router. I had to open it up in a hex editor to see what was
happening. Check any settings you might have in your terminal software
that could be sending characters to the router that it doesn't
understand.

John