I haven't looks at all of the latest MEF specs myself but in reality we tunnel 
STP frames.  There are a couple instances where misconfigurations have led to 
looping which peering may have solved but we do not want to be asking customers 
about there STP setups and it wouldn't scale.  

We do encourage customers to connect to the VPLS using L3 interfaces if they 
can.  However there are some folks using VPLS who actually need L2, even if a 
minor amount.

Phil

On Jun 13, 2012, at 9:13 AM, Saku Ytti <[email protected]> wrote:

> On (2012-06-13 10:34 +0200), Daniel Verlouw wrote:
> 
>> for "EP-LAN", the requirement is that BPDUs *must* be tunneled (see
>> flowchart in 8.1).
> 
> The URL I linked, which clarifies BPDU handling, section 8.1.3 'L2CP
> Requirements for Ethernet Private LAN (EP-LAN) Service' says 'Must Peer on
> all UNIs or Discard on all UNIs'
> 
> I'm having great troubles understanding 8.1.3 as permission to tunnel.
> -- 
>  ++ytti
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to