I think I found the answer, although I don't fully understand it all yet.  I
have heard about this before and recall some of it.

This seemed to do the trick...under, router ospf vrf testvrf "capability
vrf-lite"

I read this. https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/202402

 Apparently it has something to do with loop prevention and "pe checks" of
domain id and down bit or something like that to keep pe from adding
anything other than type 1 and 2's to rib.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Aaron
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] ospf with vrf

why does my pe lose the ability to add type 3 (summary) routes, learned from
ce, to its rib AFTER I convert its ospf process to vrf ?

 

in other words, when my pe's ospf process does not have vrf config I see the
IA routes to other areas, but as soon as I change my ospf process to vrf I
lose my IA routes.  They are still in the ospf db though, but just not being
added to the RIB.

 

Aaron

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to