Hi Juan Take a look at www.smartoptics.com - I've used them by the hundreds for many years without any problems. http://smartoptics.biz/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SO-GBIC-L120-Cxx-R1.2.pdf
As Mikael said, you need to look at the total attenuation. I've tested many of the transceivers and they have a fair safety margin (some 20%).. Ulrich -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mikael Abrahamsson Sent: 11. juli 2012 07:44 To: [email protected] Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Gbic (old form) for 120KM On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Juan C. Crespo R. wrote: > Does any one could advice me some Gbic for 3508/3550 (old form non sfp) > for 150Km? Topic says 120km, text says 150km, what is it? Or more importantly, what is the total fiber attenuation on the path? For gig, chromatic dispersion is not a big issue at these lengths, so you're basically only limited by attenuation. There are GBICs (I've used such ~10 years ago) that are rated for 120km, from memory they had around 29-31dB attenuation tolerance which with "ideal" fiber attenuation at 0.2 dB per km gives 150 km reach. If I remember correctly (aided by some googling for <finisar 120km gbic>) I'd say the ones we used were called FTL-1519 but I can only find 80km variants of this, so I guess you should look at the CWDM type called FTL-1619 which are 120km with more specific output frequency (get 1550 as this has the lowest attenuation per km) <http://www.memoryx.net/ftl161955mt.html> are not the original ones but they do seem to offer 14 day free return so you can try them. <http://www.finisar.com/products/optical-modules/gbic/FTL-1619-xx> for the original item. -- Mikael Abrahamsson email: [email protected] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
