On 18/07/2012 20:22, Chuck Church wrote: > I assume you're talking about the global price list. If you've got the > right CCO privileges, you can download it. It's updated daily. I think you > need 'reseller' or 'buys direct from Cisco' status to get access.
Have to say, it is very frustrating that Cisco choose not to make this more widely available to its customer base even on nda basis. It's critical to have resources like this at hand when dealing with budgeting issues. I'm guessing that the intention of this policy is to drive customers towards dealing with account managers, but unfortunately this ends up being troublesome and time-consuming for both parties. Want to know the list price of component X? Fire an email off to your a/m or partner. Oops, forgot components Y and Z; could you supply those too, please. What if we rearranged things like this? Another email. Then rinse and repeat when you decide you'd like to compare several other potential design options on a cost-only basis. Personally I like tight control over my budgeting and I like playing with figures and component-based designs. I might produce 5-10 different budgetary pricing models per project before being happy to head down a particular path. If this were something I did by bouncing a request off an account manager each time, I'd never get anything done. It was much better when this information used to be available easily. Please fix this, Cisco. You didn't need to break it in the first place. Nick _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
