The gateway is one of my issues with it.  I can't really tell what they expect. 
They might be expecting that there is no traffic to the server from the 
downstream side (a bad assumption), or that the core router will just "handle 
it" (icmp redirect maybe, except I like to turn that off). 



----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Hicks <[email protected]>
To: Erik Nelson <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Sharing router uplinks?


On 1 Aug 2012, at 16:23, Erik Nelson wrote:

> I have run into a situation where there is insistence that both of these 
> practices not be observed. I am being asked to put many router uplinks on a 
> single subnet connected to a single port on the core router. I am also being 
> asked to put a web server on this same subnet. 
> 
> What do others think of this?  I have been unable to find anything on the web 
> that says anything for or against. If anyone knows of authoritative 
> guidelines on the web about this I would be very interested. 


Which of the two devices do you set as the default gateway on the web server?  
(rhetorical question)


Peter

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to