I have a several-node 10GE ring that currently uses MSTP, with the
obvious caveats to using Spanning-tree I am trying to find another
faster/better ring protection mechanism.  I have read some recent
documents on cisco's REP, but I don't think most of my equipment
supports it.  Is there anything else besides deploying an optical
transport network to handle my ring-proection??

 

The ring is comprised of the following equipment:

 

2x Cisco 6509

1x Cisco 4900M

7x Cisco 4948-10GE

2x Brocade ICX6610

 

Im not to happy with the current Brocade equipment, so if it means I
have to put 4948's back in for something to work, I am game.  Thanks in
advance!

 

 

James Urwiller

Lead Internet Services Technician / Network Engineer

CCNA 11567125

American Broadband

402-426-6257 - Office

402-278-1875 - Cell

402-426-6273 - Fax

[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to